Sunday, June 26, 2011

New All-Day Breakfast Choice - 1-Caramel

We used to visit 1-Caramel when it was still at Handy Road because I loved their Strawberry Shortcake (best I ever had so far). 

We learnt that it closed in late April and they were going to shift to Rochester Park, business were to resume on 6 May. I had a strong craving then, and really wanted to go for my Strawberry Shortcake fix so we went in the first week of May.  But we were hit with disappointment, not just with the fact that that they didn't have sliced cake items anymore (no Strawberry Shortcake), plus a few other things well - poor direction to the new shop, etc, basically they didn't seem like they were ready for business and the service staff telling us that they didn't have special coffee drink items and that they couldn't serve us even Iced Latte (but in the end they managed to but from the other Rochester restaurant below) just made it worse. We were told that night that all-day breakfast would be available soon. And we decided to re-visit the place again today, thinking and hoping that they would be ready for business for real. And gladly, they were. :)


The menu made the coffee looked really good.

(Don't you think he looks like the Father Goose in Kungfu Panda? ;D)
 Heehee...
For Her: Cafe Latte at $8+. For Him: Picolo Latte at $8+.
Feedback from Him: The Picolo Latte is like Latte with a stronger coffee taste.

My Big Breakfast Platter at $20+ - the size of the platter shocked me. I doubted my ability to finish it.
Eggs Benedict with Ham at $12+.


A small, cosy place. Can sit about 14 pax.




I am purposedly showing this 'after' picture here. I must say, all the items were goood  - beans, spinach, tomato, potatoes, bacon German sausage! One thing you have to know is, so far everything when I have brunch, I normally don't take the sausages as I don't like them but this one was really good, really. And the fried potato cubes were so tasty. And surprisingly, I didn't finish the scrambled eggs. I actually ordered sunny side ups. So if I had sunnies instead, this breakfast may be the best I ever had. Will definitely go back for the same platter with sunnies.

Slurp. Look at the spread of cakes.
Such a lovely cake!

1-Caramel Dessert Boutique
1 Rochester Park, Level 2, Singapore 139212
Tel: 6774 1302


Opening Hours
For cake collection: 11.30am -9.00pm

For dine in:
Mon-Fri:
1130am – 1030pm
Sat & Sun:
10am -1030pm (Brunch is available till 4pm)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment